This wickedly inventive guide explains how to design and build 15 fiendishly fun electronics projects. Filled with photos and illustrations, 15 Dangerously Mad Projects for the Evil Genius includes step-by-step directions, as well as a construction primer for those who are new to electronics projects.
Using easy-to-find components and equipment, this do-it-yourself book shows you how to create a variety of mischievous gadgets, such as a remote-controlled laser, motorized multicolored LEDs that write in the air, and a surveillance robot. You’ll also learn to use the highly popular Arduino microcontroller board with three of the projects.
15 Dangerously Mad Projects for the Evil Genius:
- Features step-by-step instructions and helpful illustrations
- Covers essential safety measures
- Reveals the scientific principles behind the projects
- Removes the frustration factor–all required parts are listed, along with sources
Build these devious devices to amaze your friends and confound your enemies!
- Coil gun
- Ping pong ball minigun
- Mini laser turret
- Balloon-popping laser gun
- Touch-activated laser sight
- Laser-grid intruder alarm
- Persistence-of-vision display
- Covert radio bug
- Laser voice transmitter
- Flash bomb
- High-brightness LED strobe
- Levitation machine
- Surveillance robot
Each fun, inexpensive Evil Genius project includes a detailed list of materials, sources for parts, schematics, and lots of clear, well-illustrated instructions for easy assembly. The larger workbook-style layout and convenient two-column format make following the step-by-step instructions a breeze.
VIDEOS, PHOTOS, AND SOURCE CODE ARE AVAILABLE AT WWW.DANGEROUSLYMAD.COM
Make Great Stuff!
TAB, an imprint of McGraw-Hill Professional, is a leading publisher of DIY technology books for makers, hackers, and electronics hobbyists.